Mexican Wedding Cookies on the Taco Tuesday Live FB Show
picture and recipe courtesy Pampered Chef
Mexican Wedding Cookies were one of my mom’s favorite’s she made every Christmas. Along with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, and Rum Balls, (which you could get drunk from eating.) With the holiday season in full throttle, I thought I would make these on my weekly Taco Tuesday show. Mine came out a little dry. I think maybe because I am using the wrong kind of stone.
I’d love to hear what is your favorite cookie is to bake each year.
As an Independent Pampered Chef Consultant, I am thrilled to share this fabulous recipe with you that our home office team developed. I hope you make it and tell me how you liked the results.
If you would like more information on the Pampered Chef tools I use in the show, go to www.PamperedChef.biz/annettedaly or click on links in recipe.
MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Additional powdered sugar (about ¾ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. In a Small Batter Bowl, combine the flour, pecans, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a Classic Batter Bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the vanilla; beat well. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture; beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a Small Scoop, drop level scoops of dough, 1″ apart, onto a Rectangle Stone. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are set, but not brown. Remove the cookies to a Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, roll them in additional powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 4 dozen cookies servings of 2 cookies